H. J. Walker Oil Company, Inc. was founded in 1969, in South Pittsburg, Tennessee, by Holmon J. Walker, Jr.
Walker started in business as a commissioned agent for Humble Oil Company and in 1978, the company became an Independant Distributor for Exxon. Since 1969, the company has grown and expanded with an additional plant located in Tullahoma, Tennessee and a bulk supply plant located in Hollywood, Alabama.
Mr. Walker served in the National Guard, before and during the time that his company was founded, and received several honors and awards:
-He was commissioned Second Lieutenant, Artillery in 1954.
-First Lieutenant, Artillery in 1955.
-Reserve Commissioned Officer in the grade of Capitan in 1961.
-He was commissioned as a Kentucky Colonel in 1977.
-He was named Brigader General in 1982.
-Awarded Colonel Aide de Camp, Governors Staff in 1987.
Following Mr. Walkers death in 1999, the company has been under the leadership of his daughter, Kim Walker Lappin, who serves as President.
South Pittsburg Plant
Kim Lappin: CEO/President
Julie Wehunt: Secretary
Frank Cook: Head of Marketing
Barry Cole: Salesman
Dennis White: Plant Manager
Deborah Daniel: Office MAnager